Saturday, August 12, 2017

Photo: New Future High School

While it's hard to see in this photo, I could see the site of the new Spartanburg High School in the parking lot of Lidl. I heard they were making it but they don't seem to be very far along. All I could see were big machines on a empty dirt landscape. But it reminded me of my old high school (across town) Dorman High School. They spent countless resources on a new campus even though they really didn't need it. Our campus was located more rural than the original, and there were a lot of trees and fields to maintain. You always here people complain about budgets for education and here's some of your waste. 

6 comments:

  1. The student populations of the high schools in my district are all larger than that of my undergraduate university today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad they wasted resources unnecessarily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad to see funds used in such a careless way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's terrible. Our city is dirt poor and the schools would be thrilled to have money to toss around. Our high school can't even afford a football field, so they have to go to the middle school to practice and play home games. I don't think there have been any updates to the schools here since my girls started and my oldest just graduated.

    ReplyDelete